1.) Small group (teams of 4-6)
2.) Individual Task
3.) Large Group
Small group (teams of 4-6), Individual Task
1.) Lecture Theatre
2.) Presentation Space
3.) Carousel Tables (small working group)
Carousel Tables (small working group)
QAA Enterprise Theme(s)
1.) Creativity and Innovation
2.) Opportunity recognition, creation and evaluation
3.) Decision making supported by critical analysis and judgement
4.) Implementation of ideas through leadership and management
5.) Reflection and Action
6.) Interpersonal Skills
7.) Communication and Strategy
1Creativity and Innovation 2Opportunity recognition‚ creation and evaluation 3Decision making supported by critical analysis and judgement 4Implementation of ideas through leadership and management 5Reflection and Action 6Interpersonal Skills 7Communication and Strategy
The purpose of the session was to support students to:
The conference is an all-day event with external speakers on change and leadership in the NHS and health sector.
The EntreComp Framework session was held during the middle of the conference and pulled together the change and leadership themes. It provided an opportunity for students to focus on themselves to reflect and consider the entrepreneurial skills and competence they may need to develop as leaders.
Students completed a series of activities individually and in groups. These were:
- rating their comfort levels for suggesting/making change in their current setting/workplace;
- discussing in small groups one change that they would like to make in their current setting before sharing with the wider group;
- completing EntreComp Table 1 individually and providing examples for each competence;
- returning to their groups and referring back to the changes that they would like to make and choosing one to focus on from the group. They then identified the competencies from the EntreComp Framework that they might need as leaders to deliver the change;
- each group sharing with the wider group the change that they chose to focus on and the EntreComp competencies that they would need to deliver the change;
- rating their comfort levels again having explored their own competencies against competencies that they might need to deliver change;
- setting themselves 2 actions that they could take going forward that would help them with developing their competence.
Personal Activity Sheets were designed for the group to use during the session. The Activity Sheets were accompanied by Table 1 of the EntreComp Framework which are the descriptors for each competence.
Bacigalupo, M., Kampylis, P., Punie, Y., Van den Brande, G. (2016) EntreComp: The Entrepreneurship Competence Framework, Publication Office of the European Union; https://publications.jrc.ec.europa.eu/repository/bitstream/JRC101581/lfna27939enn.pdf